Saturday, March 13, 2010

You know how I know you're an alcoholic?

Today my house mate Claire and i went on our weekly shopping trip together after realising that our only food options consisted of vita wheat's, cup-a-soup and nasty soy ice cream from 2007.
After filling our arms full of edibles we were contemplating what else we may need. I suggested the we head into the mixer isle...Claire turns to me and says "you know how i know you're an alcoholic? - you call soft drinks "mixers".

Bleak but come on, they were soft drinks when i was 12 and sugar was a cheap high. Now they're a means of disguising the fact that I'd much rather my alcohol straight and tapped into my bloodstream.


This is me in one of my finer
"you know how i know you're an alcoholic?" moments


Last night at work was DICK. Luckily however i was saved by my darlings Micky and Ben who took me out.

Managing to get our hands on some artist passes we went to the VIP performers bar to hang out with some of Adelaide's finest C grade nobodies, including the radio rentals guy (who is also the world filthiest dancer and most certainly 12 months interest free).

DJ was hot, everyone was dancing and when asked "so what do you do?" I kept saying in this very artistically aloof manner (in my opinion anyway), "darling, lets not talk work"...This wankery was only further enhanced by Ben following me saying "you totally out shone Johnny Depp in that film".

None the less i did still weep this morning at the prospect of heading back to Satan's den of hospitality, no jokes here, just actual tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment